Perugia PG

On the right is the tomb of Alessandro Benincasa, depicted in a half-length portrait by Domenico Guidi (1594)

A view of Corso Camillo Benso di Cavour, with the bell tower of the Basilica of San Domenico in the background

On the left is Palazzo Baldeschi Cennini and on the right is the Feltrinelli building in Piazza della Repubblica

Sign for the restaurant “Il Bacio”, held aloft by two griffins on Corso Vannucci

Coat of arms on the corner of a building on Corso Vannucci

On the left is the Feltrinelli headquarters building and on the right is the (deconsecrated) Church of Sant’Isidoro in Piazza della Repubblica

The travertine-decorated façade (1665) of the Church of San Filippo Neri at the junction of Via della Stella and Via dei Priori

Interior of the Baroque church of San Filippo Neri, with a single nave

Junction of Via dei Priori (right) and Via Morone (left)

An old building on Via del Poggio

In the background on the left is the 46-metre-high Torre degli Sciri in Piazza San Francesco

The bell tower of the Church of San Matteo in Campo d'Orto, on Via Alessandro Pascoli

Panoramic view of the university district

A detail of the aqueduct bridge, with the Elce di Sopra gate in the background on Via Sant'Elisabetta

The Porta di Elce di Sopra on the Via Appia, consisting of a pointed arch

Panoramic view of the Via Appia

On the left is the church of San Fortunato and on the right is one of the two towers of the Arco Etrusco in Piazza Fortebraccio

The Etruscan Arch, built in the 3rd century BC, and the two trapezoidal towers in Piazza Fortebraccio

The long staircase of the aqueduct on Via Appia

The elevated section of the aqueduct built in 1254 by the Venetian Boninsegna

The long aqueduct bridge and, on the left, the steps on Via Appia

Footpath across the ancient aqueduct bridge

The long driveway along Via dell’Acquedotto, above the bridge of the same name

The Porta della Conca (also known as the Porta di Elce di Sopra) as seen from the aqueduct bridge, and Palazzo Gallenga (on the left) in Via Sant'Elisabetta

The Porta di San Pietro (or Porta alle Due Porte), carved from travertine, the work of Agostino di Duccio and Polidoro di Stefano, situated near Borgo XX Giugno

The Porta di San Pietro, also known as the Porta alle Due Porte, was built in the Middle Ages

Garibaldi Barracks, headquarters of the Carabinieri Legion Command on Corso Cavour

The War Memorial to the Fallen of 20 June in Borgo XX Giugno, designed by Giuseppe Fringuelli

The Corinthian capital with acanthus leaves, part of the war memorial to those who fell on 20 June in Borgo XX Giugno

Porta San Costanzo on Via Romana, dating from 1586

The hexagonal bell tower of the Basilica of San Pietro in Borgo XX Giugno, built in the Florentine Gothic style and rebuilt in 1463

The 17th-century courtyard of St Peter’s Basilica, designed by Valentino Martelli and Lorenzo Petrozzi

The lunette, featuring a fresco by Giannicola di Paolo, above the entrance portal to St Peter’s Basilica

The central nave of St Peter’s Basilica, characterised by columns of ancient grey marble and a coffered ceiling

The chancel of St Peter’s Basilica with the altar dating from 1592 and the inlaid wooden choir

The ancient lectern and the inlaid wooden choir of St Peter’s Basilica

On the left is the pulpit and on the right the chancel of St Peter’s Basilica

The decorated arches resting on grey marble columns and a number of paintings depicting scenes from the Old and New Testaments in St Peter’s Basilica

Outline of the lintel of the entrance portal to St Peter’s Basilica

The façade of the Church of the Madonna di Braccio, built in 1479 by the Lombard master builders Pietro and Martino

Scrivi un commento ...

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.