Perugia PG

The deconsecrated church of San Francesco al Prato, built in the year 150 AD, and the 18th-century bell tower

The 12th-century church of San Matteo in Campo d'Orto (right) and, in the background, the church of San Francesco al Prato

The small bell gable of the church of San Matteo in Campo d'Orto on Via Alessandro Pascoli

The Oratory of San Bernardino and, on the right, the Church of San Francesco al Prato (deconsecrated)

The “Do’ Pazzi” inn on Corso Cavour

Corso Cavour, with the church of Sant'Ercolano visible in the background

Detail of the circular turret of the Palazzo della Penna, now home to the Museum of Modern Art, in Via Guglielmo Marconi

The Porta Santa Croce, a three-arched gate, also known as the Porta Nuova, in Via Guglielmo Marconi

The 18th-century villa, home to the Hotel Iris, on Via Guglielmo Marconi

The gardens, the Sirena fountain and, in the background, the equestrian statue of Vittorio Emanuele II in Piazza Italia

The Sirena fountain in Piazza Italia, designed by Arturo Checchi, with Palazzo Cesaroni in the background

The equestrian statue dedicated to Vittorio Emanuele II in Piazza Italia

On the left is the Provincial Government building and on the right is the equestrian monument dedicated to Vittorio Emanuele II in Piazza Italia

Palazzo Cesaroni, the Prefecture’s headquarters, built in 1900 and designed by the architect Guglielmo Calderini, at the junction of Piazza Italia and Via Baglioni

A restaurant terrace and a panoramic view from Via Indipendenza

The Provincial Palace at the junction of Via Bagliona and Via Indipendenza, built in 1870 to a design by Alessandro Arienti

Enrico Quattrini’s monument to Perugino in Via Bagliona, depicting him leaning against a stool, was unveiled in 1923

The female figure from the monument to Perugino, representing Painting awaiting inspiration, in Via Bagliona

The monument to Perugino in Via Bagliona, behind the Provincial Government Building and in front of the Carducci Gardens

The 19th-century Bank of Italy building in Piazza Italia

Tables at a café in Piazza della Repubblica, with the Teatro del Pavone, founded in 1717, on the left

The bell tower of the Palazzo dei Priori on Corso Vannucci

The Palazzo dei Priori (also known as the Palazzo Comunale) on Corso Vannucci

The statues of Saint Lawrence, Saint Herculanus and Saint Louis of Toulouse, the city’s patron saints, situated on the lunette above the main portal of the Palazzo dei Priori on Corso Vannucci

Detail of the main portal (1346) of the Palazzo dei Priori on Corso Vannucci, richly decorated with allegorical motifs and featuring a statue of a lion at its base

The Perugian griffin and the Guelph lion, symbols of Perugia and the Guelphs, at the entrance to the Town Hall in Piazza IV Novembre

From the left: the Gallucci family coat of arms, the Barberini family coat of arms and an unidentified coat of arms, all located at the entrance to the Palazzo dei Priori

A griffin clutching a calf in its talons, above the main portal of the Palazzo Priori on Corso Vannucci

Palazzo Priori, built in the Gothic style between 1293 and 1443, now houses the Town Hall in Piazza IV Novembre

A detail of the Maggiore Fountain, made of white and pink stone, and, on the right, a detail of the Cathedral of San Lorenzo in Piazza IV Novembre

One of the three nymphs representing a theological virtue, situated on the basin of the Fontana Maggiore in Piazza IV Novembre

The Fontana Maggiore (1275) and the side façade of the Cathedral of San Lorenzo in Piazza IV Novembre

The Fontana Maggiore, created by Nicola and Giovanni Pisano and Fra’ Bevignate, consists of two richly decorated basins in Piazza IV Novembre

The sculptures of the griffin and the lion surmounting the Gothic portal of the Palazzo dei Priori in Piazza IV Novembre

On the left is the Bishop’s Palace and on the right is the Museum Building of the Chapter of San Lorenzo Cathedral in Piazza IV Novembre

The Sala dei Notari in the Palazzo dei Priori, featuring eight transverse arches and surrounded by late 13th-century frescoes

The bronze statue of Pope Julius III, created by Vincenzo Danti in 1555 in Piazza IV Novembre

On the left is the statue of Pope Julius III and on the right is the portal designed by Galeazzo Alessi in 1568 for the Cathedral of San Lorenzo in Piazza IV Novembre

The Fontana Maggiore and the Palazzo dei Priori, home to Perugia City Council and the National Gallery of Umbria in Piazza IV Novembre

The pulpit of San Bernardino on the side façade of San Lorenzo Cathedral, with the statue of Pope Julius III in Piazza IV Novembre in the background

Scrivi un commento ...

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.