Turin TO

The Subalpina Gallery, designed in 1873 by Pietro Carrera, and, on the left, the historic “Caffè Baratti & Milano”

A silhouette of the equestrian statue of Carlo Alberto, situated in the square of the same name, created by Carlo Marocchetti in 1861

The rear façade of Palazzo Carignano, overlooking Piazza Carlo Alberto, designed by Gaetano Ferri in 1800 and built by Giuseppe Bollati

One of the four allegorical bronze figures holding the 1848 Statute, situated on the plinth of the equestrian statue of Carlo Alberto

The large plinth of the equestrian monument to Carlo Alberto of Savoy, featuring statues of four soldiers and four allegorical figures, a work by the sculptor Carlo Marocchetti

A detail of the recently restored façade of Palazzo Carignano, in Piazza Carlo Alberto, featuring decorative friezes and pilasters

The inner courtyard of Palazzo Carignano, dominated by the elliptical tower

The decorations on the elliptical tower adjoining the façade of the inner courtyard of Palazzo Carignano

Piazza Carlo Alberto and the 19th-century façade of Palazzo Carignano, designed by Gaetano Ferri and adorned with white stone columns and pilasters

The equestrian statue of Emanuele Filiberto in Piazza San Carlo, sculpted by Carlo Marochetti in 1838

The equestrian statue of Duke Emanuele Filiberto sheathing his sword, set upon a pedestal of red Baveno granite, with the church of Santa Cristina in the background

Caval ëd Brons (Bronze Horse) in Piazza San Carlo, the equestrian monument to Emanuele Filiberto, by Carlo Marochetti

The façade of Palazzo Solaro del Borgo overlooking Piazza San Carlo, renovated by the architect Benedetto Alfieri

The façade of the Church of San Carlo Borromeo in Piazza San Carlo, built in 1834 to a design by Ferdinando Caronesi

The bell tower with clock at the Church of San Carlo Borromeo in Piazza San Carlo

Statue depicting the allegory of the River Dora Riparia in Piazza C.L.N. (National Liberation Committee), created in 1937 by the sculptor Umberto Baglioni

A marble statue depicting the allegory of the River Po in Piazza C.L.N. (National Liberation Committee), created by the sculptor Umberto Baglioni in 1937

Allegory of the River Po, a marble statue depicting a bearded man lying on his right side, located in Piazza C.L.N.

Piazza C.L.N. and the rear of the Church of San Carlo Borromeo, adorned with an allegorical statue of the River Po

The colonnade in Piazza Carlo Felice with round arches, designed by Giuseppe Leoni

Monument in honour of Pietro Paleocapa, created by the sculptor Odoardo Tabacchi and unveiled in 1871

The façade of Porta Nuova Station in Piazza Carlo Felice, designed by Alessandro Mazzucchetti between 1861 and 1868

Piazza Carlo Felice, with Porta Nuova railway station on the left and the tram shelters on the right

A monument dedicated to the mathematician Giuseppe Luigi Lagrange, created by the sculptor Giovanni Albertoni and unveiled in 1867 in the square named after him

The female face of the sower, a statue dedicated to Edmondo De Amicis in the Sambuy Garden, by Edoardo Rubino (sculptor)

Statue depicting the ‘Sower of Good Words’, a monument erected in the Sambuy Gardens (Piazza Carlo Felice) in 1923 and dedicated to Edmondo De Amicis

The Sower of Good Words, a statue of a woman in the Sambuy Garden dedicated to Edmondo De Amicis, by the sculptor Edoardo Rubino

The coat of arms, supported by two lions, on the façade of the Robilant family’s 19th-century palace in Piazza Carlo Felice

The neoclassical façade of the Church of San Filippo Neri, in Via Maria Vittoria, designed by the architect Giuseppe Maria Talucchi in the 19th century.

The long central nave of the Church of San Filippo Neri, characterised by a Baroque chancel

The Old Vermouth Factory in Via Maria Vittoria, owned by Giuseppe B. Carpano (1786)

The 17th-century façade of the Palazzo dell’Accademia delle Scienze, situated on the street of the same name, which has been home to the Egyptian Museum since 1824

The ‘Book of the Dead’ in the Egyptian Museum: a papyrus depicting the souls of the deceased appearing before the god Osiris

The portico on Via Po, with a kiosk on the left selling new and second-hand books

Via Po and the historic campus of the University of Turin, founded in 1404

The long Via Po and the tram (type 2800 – Series 2) operated by GTT

The three allegorical figures on the monument to Cavour, by Giovanni Duprè, situated in Piazza Carlo Emanuele II (Piazza Carlina), depicting, from left to right, Politics, Duty and Independence

The large granite plinth of the monument to Cavour, designed by Giovanni Duprè, in Piazza Carlo Emanuele II, featuring three allegorical figures and bronze bas-reliefs depicting troops returning from the Crimean War

Palazzo Lionello Venturi in Via Giuseppe Verdi, a university building

A colonnade in Piazza Vittorio Veneto, with the church of Santa Giulia visible in the background

Scrivi un commento ...

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.