San Severo FG

Via dei Quaranta and two votive niches bearing the image of Our Lady of Succour

The 18th-century façade of the Church of Santa Trinità dei Celestini in Piazza della Repubblica

On the left is a four-bulb street lamp and on the right is the Church of Santa Trinità dei Celestini in Piazza della Repubblica

One of the four stucco statues on the façade of the Church of Santa Trinità dei Celestini in Piazza della Repubblica

The brick and stone façade of the Church of San Severino Abate, dating from 1059, the town’s first parish church

Via San Severino and the 50-metre-high bell tower of the church of San Severino Abate

The façade of the mother church and archpriest’s church of San Severino Abate, with the tall bell tower to the right

Via Angelo Fraccacreta and the side façade of the church of San Severino Abate, next to the tall bell tower

The archway of the church of San Severino Abate in Via Angelo Fraccacreta, supported by corbels featuring lions and a six-rayed rose window, surmounted by a bas-relief triptych depicting the saint of the same name, by Bartolomeo da Foggia

The unfinished façade and bell tower of the Archpriest’s Church of St Nicholas at the junction of Via San Nicola (left) and Via A. Fraccacreta (right)

The former monastery of the Order of the Celestines, now the Palazzo di Città in Piazza Municipio, home to the Town Hall; to the left is the bell tower of the church of San Severino

The coat of arms of the town of San Severo in Piazza Municipio, depicting San Severino in priestly robes, riding a golden bay horse

The clock and two small bells of the Palazzo dei Celestini in Piazza Municipio, now the Town Hall

The façade of the Church of St Anthony the Abbot, with the saint’s niche above the entrance portal

On the left is Via Recca, in the centre is the building housing Bar Biri, and on the right is Piazza della Repubblica

Piazza della Repubblica, the city’s nerve centre

The façade of the Church of San Lorenzo delle Benedettine on Corso Giuseppe Garibaldi, built in the Rococo style and clad in Apricena marble, designed by Pietro Palmieri based on a design by Piazza

The façade of the Church of San Lorenzo delle Benedettine, also known as the Church of San Benedetto, on Corso Giuseppe Garibaldi

The central-plan interior of the Church of San Lorenzo delle Benedettine, with the wooden pulpit dating from 1790 on the left

The three main entrance gates to the Teatro Verdi on Corso Giuseppe Garibaldi

The neoclassical façade of the Giuseppe Verdi Theatre, featuring four columns with Ionic capitals surmounted by a large pediment

The Teatro Verdi, at the junction of Corso Garibaldi (on the right) and Via Tiberio Solis (on the left), designed by the architect Cesare Bazzani and opened in 1937

A detail of the façade of the Teatro Verdi, on Corso Giuseppe Garibaldi, with a street lamp on the right

Via Tiberio Solis, with the Original Marines clothing shop on the right

Largo Carmine and the lantern on the dome of the Church of Santa Maria del Carmine

The 18th-century façade of the church of Santa Maria del Carmine, situated in the square of the same name, with the bell tower to the right

The majolica-tiled dome of the Church of Santa Maria del Carmine, made of green and yellow rhomboid bricks

The main entrance to the church of Santa Maria del Carmine, flanked by two street lamps

Largo Carmine, with the Carmelite church of the same name on the left, originally called Santa Croce al Mercato

The large fountain in Apricena stone and bronze in Piazza Incoronazione, designed by the architect Cafiero

The bronze newts decorating the large fountain in Piazza Incoronazione, designed by Cafiero (architect)

A white stone statue of the Madonna del Soccorso, the city’s patron saint, in Piazza Incoronazione

The basins of the large stone fountain in Piazza Incoronazione, with Viale Giacomo Matteotti (also known as Viale della Stazione) in the background

The trunk of a bare tree in Via Ergizio

Junction between Via Antonio Morigerato (left) and Via Ugo Amedeo Salvitto (right)

Entrance to the “Mascia Teresa Masselli” Hospital, situated on the street of the same name

Via Teresa Masselli and the hospital building of the same name, opened in 1906

The Church of Santa Maria degli Angeli and the Capuchin Friars’ monastery in Via Macello Vecchio

Statue of Padre Pio in Piazza Cavallotti, by the sculptor Matteo Germano

The “E. De Amicis” Teacher Training College on Corso Antonio Gramsci, a building designed by the engineer Felice Morrica and dating from the early 1900s

Scrivi un commento ...

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.